Wednesday 11 September 2013

#supergorgeoussept day 11: inside my makeup bag!


So this is probably where I admit I have a serious makeup problem. I love beauty yes, in all shapes and sizes, but makeup is where my heart lies in particular. And for that reason (or some kind of unnamed illness) I don't just have a daily makeup bag but a box, a whole box! Obviously I don't wear all of these products on my face at the same time but these are the things I reach for almost daily and hence have to keep in my box. There's a big pot of brushes I keep out too, but I couldn't include them or we'd be here all day, as much as I'd love that!



Let's attempt this in a sort of clockwise but an order that makes sense motion. I always use a primer, my base of choice recently is Benefit Porefessional, and for foundation I've been turning to my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (after last nights post I've realised how popular this is). Next we have Maybelline Gel Liner which is great for creating both smokey and more striking lines and Benefit High Beam for a spot of highlighting. If I want a more subtle highlight I tend to turn to my Benefit Girl Meets Pearl instead, which is good underneath foundation to create a healthy glow too. Top-centre we have Benefit Stay Don't Stray to primer concealer, and Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer (as usual the writing has come right off). Theres also a little Maxfactor Masterpiece Max which I've been loving for my eyelashes lately. My Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers are a daily must for making my eyes pop, plus I usually turn to one of my Urban Decay Naked Pallettes daily so I keep all three in here. As well as my Collection offering for under the eyes I love No7's Perfect Blemish Cover concealer for spots and for quick smokey looks I grab Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze (swatches here), using one of two Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potions to keep any eye look in place. You can just about see my Benefit Brows A Go Go pallette to fill my eyebrows, plus two Soap and Glory Powders (One Heck Of A Blot, Glow All Out) to add or remove shimmer and shine. Almost there!! To add a bronzed glow or contour I turn to Benefit Hoola and as a blusher I'm loving No7's offering in Soft Damson (full review here). Last but not least I keep my eyebrows in shape with these beauties from Tweezerman!

And that's everything in my daily makeup box. The funny thing is I keep buying more and more makeup bags. Maybe I should try and cut down? But then again, I love having all the daily choice! Of course this isn't the kind of makeup bag I could cart around in my handbag, I might do a handbag post soon to show you all what I do carry around with me!

As always please comment away as I'd love to hear from you or post links to your own #supergorgeoussept posts! 
Lots of love,








6 comments:

  1. I love this blog post and great photos!
    - You have yourself a new follower :)

    Love Isabel Beatrice xxx

    isabelbeatrice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I did take individual photos but there was just too many! Thanks for the follow, having a look at your blog now :)
      Charlotte xx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try the Soap and Glory One heck of a blot powder for aages! I tested it out today and it looks lovely on x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love it it doesn't leave a trace on the skin but makes such a difference! Like magic!
      Thanks for the comment
      Charlotte xxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, it certainly has to be good to make it into my daily makeup stash!
      Charlotte xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric