Friday 6 September 2013

Maybelline Colour Tattoos


Hello beauties, here's a product I just had to review, one because of the hype surrounding these products, two because I've been loving them for quite a while now, and three because I think the metallic colours will be perfect for autumn winter to create smoky, neutral and sultry eye looks.

Firstly lets talk colour. The swatches really do the talking here, these products are so pigmented only a tiny swipe of product is needed to create a strong, opaque finish, 'Timeless Black' and 'On and on Bronze' particularly stand out for me. I've been using the black as an alternative gel-type eyeliner or blended out for a really simple smoky night eye, while the bronze and taupes I've been using for easy daytime looks which are really wearable. Also I'm already planning how well these will complement a berry lip when the weather gets colder. I haven't been brave enough to venture out in the blue shade yet, but once I get back to uni and all those nights out this one will be put to good use! I also love the charcoal all over the lid with black in the crease and corner for a super metallic smoky eye (perfect for party season), and it has a lovely khaki tint that picks up in certain lights.

(L-R) Timeless Black, Turquoise Forever, On and on bronze, Permanet Taupe, Immortal Charcoal

The formula of these is super fab too! As I said its so thick you need only a small amount, but the creaminess dries within about a minute so make sure to blend this quick (definitely one eye at a time). I'm really impressed with the pigment in the matte shades like Permanent taupe too, which we all know are notoriously difficult to master, but as this is cream the colour is all there! While I've never wished my eyeshadow would stay on for 24 hours or tested this theory, I'm almost certain it would, this does not budge! There's no creasing on the eye even after a long and sweaty eight hour shift, and when swatching on my hand (which I do a lot) it takes a good cleanser to remove.


I've heard really good things about the other shades in this range too, I know there's a silver which would be perfect to highlight the inner corner of a charcoal smoky eye or make a really nice eyeliner (I might use the blue like this actually), and the bloggersphere has been raving about the Metallic Pomegranate shade lately so I'll be giving that a try too. Equally they make a great base for other shadows- no layering and layering to create a strong black, add sheen to matte shadows with metallic creams or make glittery shimmery shades pop by layering them over black. For £4.99 these are such a bargain as I can't imagine them ever running out and they can be used in so many ways. These are currently on 3 for 2 in Boots, so there's no reason not to pick up 3, or 6 or 9 or 12...

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric