Sunday 20 October 2013

Nail Inc New Gel Effect Nails!



(Left- One Coat, Right- Two Coats, No top coat on either!)

Last week I was browsing the nails inc stand (again!) at debenhams when the lovely assistant asked if I would like to try one of the new Gel Effect nail polishes. Of course I said yes, and was very pleasantly surprised when she painted all of my nails for me (this usually costs around £17 I think!). I first chose the Porchester Square shade, which is a lovely grey-ish nude and a cult classic in its natural form, but was eyeing up lots of shades while I was sat there and ended up with this gorgeous wine shade (called Kensington High Street) on my ring fingers as an accent. I've got to say I don't often purchase Nails Inc because I find them so easy to chip for the price, but I still buy one once in a while because I love the colours and effects, especially if they are on offer. Plus, I rarely wear the same nail colour for more than two days so chipping isn't a major problem. However, I haven't had this problem with these Gel Effects. I kept my newly painted nails the same colour for five days with these and saw no difference in the quality, before I gave in to temptation and went for a new shade. 

Onto to colour- you can see how pigmented this one is the photo's above, even after one coat it's wearable but you don't quite get the full deep colour and shiny finish. I must stress that I DID NOT use a topcoat in these pictures- that's just how glossy they are and I love it! It doesn't come across on camera as well but I found that these really did look like a gel manicure, and to add proof a couple of people at work thought I had had shellac nails on! As much as I love Barry M Gelly Nail Polishes, you can't beat Nails Inc at nail effects and these do put the Barry M offerings to shame slightly (that doesn't mean I don't still love you though Barry). 

At £14, they aren't cheap, so I only picked the wine shade as I have lots of nudes and vowed not to buy another berry colour this autumn (pfft that might happen). I'm really lusting after Porchester Square now but I'm sure I have it somewhere in its regular finish. However, they do sell these on a range of websites, so shop around and look out for offers, especially Beauty Bay which is fab for Nails Inc offers!

If you're a fan of the gel manicure but can't keep forking out for one, these could be your answer, especially if you're a one shade kinda girl!

Lots of Love Beauties,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric