Monday 15 September 2014

GAGA ABOUT BEAUTY: LIPSTICKS BY KIKO


If you haven't heard me rave on about this yet (and if you have apologies in advance), but there is now a KIKO in Leeds. Wahoo! 
I absolutely love the brand and think it doesn't get nearly half the credit it deserves. My favourite must-have item by them is the Gel Effect Top Coat, I prefer it to Seche Vite and that is saying something. Although previously you could'nt get hold of this outside of London, I now have one on my very doorstep and have managed to squeeze in two trips to the store already in the last week, where I grabbed these two lipsticks. Oopsy!


First up was a berry shade from the new Ace Of Diamonds range, which I knew I had to get hold of once Anna recommended it. And it is every bit as fab as she claims. The colour is your classic autumn berry, with a satin finish. It's so creamy when applied it can be done in one swipe, but then dries down to something with real staying power. I have only had to reapply after around four hours, and then a stain was still left so the reapplication was not a must. At £8.90 it's also not bad for such good quality. I've heard a lot of people calling Kiko 'drugstore', but I find it to be as just good quality as high end. 


(exotic shine lipstick in 03, ace of diamonds lipstick in 27)

Next up I also purchased a discounted lipstick from their summer range, which I have an eyeliner from and loved. I heard a lot about the Exotic Shine Lipticks, so when I saw they were on sale I picked up a bright orange-coral-red which is a fail-safe colour for me. Although I don't usually go for non-matte finishes, this sits somewhere between balm and lipstick which really makes it work. If you were excited but then disapointed with Benefit's balm releases this is probably what you were hoping for. I think it was around £4 in the sale.

These two are absolute winners in my eyes and once again have left me wanting more from Kiko. I warn you now, the store has so many shades and formulas you might feel a little overwhelmed at first, but it's well worth swatching to your hearts content and reading a few reviews because once you buy, you will be hooked. 

I'd love some more recommendations so please comment below with anything I should pick up (or shouldn't for that matter)!
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric