Friday 20 June 2014

prep school


Some days we all find ourselves in a bit of a face rut. Nomatter what makeup we try, it just doesn't look its best. Or the products we're used to just don't seem to be doing it for us any more. I know for one I have these days a lot. But over time I've realised three key ways to avoid bad face days (I still haven't found the cure for bad hair days though).

1. Moisturise. I seriously believe there is no such thing as over moisturising. But before makeup it's one of those steps that is all too easy to skip in the early mornings, especially if you're oily and think this will just make the situation worse. But in fact I combatted my teenage oily nightmares with lots and lots of moisture. I actually find the more I try to dry my skin, the more it goes wild. Smoothing on a light and refreshing moisturiser like Soap and Glory Feel Good Factor Translucent BB Cream before your primer or foundation will make the whole process a lot smoother, dry or not. By giving my face a drink, I find I get much less patchiness and wear throughout the day.

2. Lip Balm. A morning prep with lip balm can make the world of difference if you'll be wearing lipstick, especially matte lipstick which I am a sucker for. Although any lip balm will give some hydration, putting on something extra thick like Dr Lipp's Nipple Balm for Lips (my holy grail lip balm) will get your lips supple and smooth in no time. I like to apply this while I do all other makeup, brush it off when I brush my teeth for a bit of exfoliation and then apply lippy. Dry patches be gone!

3. Tweeze. Obviously this one is not such a daily occurrence. But having well shaped eyebrows before you begin can make all the difference. It's not so much the shape or thickness that's the issue but the tiny strays that you often miss that once my full face is done can just make the whole thing look not finished. If you can't pinpoint just what's wrong, have a closer look at them arches. A couple of plucks and you might just be looking at a brand new you. Tweezerman Tweezers are the only ones I've found to pluck the tiniest hairs with ease.

What are your top prepping tips? As always I love to hear from everyone!
Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric