Tuesday 7 January 2014

FOTD: Nude and Neutral




Todays face of the day is a bit of a favourite look of mine: smokey, but casual enough for the daytime. Although I used to wear black eye makeup alllllll the time I've become much more a lover of softer brown shades in the past year. Here I used my new Soap and Glory Lid Stuff Pallette, using Aubersheen all over the lid as a wash of shimmery brown. Think Mac Satin Taupe, only much cheaper and equally as pigmented. I'm really impressed with the quality of these shades, even the mattes are pretty decent, especially if applied with a finger. Expect a full review soon! Next I smudged Rimmel Scandeleyes Eyeliner in Bronze under the eye to really smoke it up, adding little dots of black along the lashline ( I haven't included a specific black eyeliner as any would do). I also felt that the crease needed a little definition, so after running some of my Benefit Brows A GoGo through my brows I added some of the darker shade into the crease with a big fluffy eye brush. Add some of my mascara of the moment Smashbox Full Exposure and Voila!, a very easy and quick brown smokey eye...



Equally, I've become a recent convert to the nude lip, having always gone for either bold reds and plums or a simple balm/gloss. This is one I spied on pinterest and just had to get it as I love the more browney pinks out there and they're not the easiest nudes to find. You could be mistaken at first swipe that Maxfactor Burnt Caramel is too shimmery, but after half a minute it sets down to a semi-matte finish which I love love love! I might have gone nude, but I'm not ready to step out of my matte pout comfort zone just yet....

P.S. Please excuse the dodgy hair line as I let my boyfriend do my foundation for a laugh (not a bad job for a beginner though), and as always, please please leave your comments and questions,

Lots of love,
Charlotte 
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks beautiful, I'm following :)

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love your blog now following on bloglovin too:) Really like your blogging tips!
      Charlotte xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric